upgrade to 10.4 and 2nd network interface does not auto start

stan stanb at panix.com
Fri Jun 18 12:10:35 UTC 2010

I just upgraded a machine from 9.04 to 10.04 and now the 2nd network
interface s not brought up, when I boot the machine. If I manually run
/etc/init.d/networking restart, after the machine is up,  it comes up.
Both interfaces are hardwired.

Here is the /eyc/network/interfaces file:

# The loopback network interface
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

# The primary network interface
auto eth0
iface eth0 inet static
        address 10.209.129.22
		netmask 255.255.255.128
		network 10.209.129.0
		broadcast 10.209.129.127
		gateway 10.209.129.1
		# dns-* options are implemented by the resolvconf package, if installed
		dns-nameservers 10.209.4.45
		dns-search XXX.XXX

auto eth1
	iface eth1 inet static