Preseed question

Carsten Agger agger at modspil.dk
Fri Jun 18 09:10:32 UTC 2010

On 17-06-2010 15:19, Carsten Agger wrote:
> I'm creating a customized alternate CD which is supposed to run without
> any user input in a setting with no network connection.
>
> Does anyone know how to achieve this? No matter what I do, it seems to
> insist on stopping and telling the user that no network is available.
>
> This is my latest attempt:
>
> d-i netcfg/choose_interface select
> d-i netcfg/disable_dhcp boolean true
>

> But I've also tried explicitly setting the IP to 0.0.0.0, but this makes
> it end up with an error message which I don't know how to make go away?

For what it's worth, I seem to have solved the problem - since I asked
here, I may as well state the solution here too. These lines should be
in the preseed file:

d-i netcfg/choose_interface select auto
d-i netcfg/dhcp_failed  note
d-i netcfg/dhcp_options select  Do not configure the network at this
time

I originally added this line too:

d-i netcfg/use_dhcp boolean false

but apparently this has no effect - what happens is the installer
attempts to set up the connection w/DHCP, but when it fails it just
continues without asking the user - exactly what I wanted.

br
Carsten