Ran updates,now grub messed up.

Goh Lip g.lip at gmx.com
Fri Jun 18 08:04:10 UTC 2010

On Fri, 18 Jun 2010 14:55:54 +0800, Edwin McGuire
<mcguiresmain at emypeople.com> wrote:

> Took my computer to a friends and now Grub defaults to memory test and
> lost my windows xp option,went back to grub pc but now  i cant get
> default reset to XP.tried to save "menu.lst" but says "cant open"
> Help!
> Thanks Ed

Ed, pray, do tell, what is your ubuntu version and can you boot into
ubuntu after the memory test?
Do you know if your grub is grub-legacy or grub2?

Regards - Goh Lip

--
All this of Pot and Potter-- Tell me then
Who is the Potter, pray, and who the Pot?