Ubunbu One synchronisation problem

J dreadpiratejeff at gmail.com
Thu Jun 17 20:37:50 UTC 2010

On Mon, Jun 14, 2010 at 06:53, Alain Muls <alain.muls at telenet.be> wrote:
> Hello
>
> I am trying out Ubuntu One but it is not working as expected.
>
> I put 2 pdf files in Ubuntu One directory, after the "sync OK"
> message, I had only 1 of both files uploaded. A "restart" did not
> change this.
>
> I also put in 3 links to files somewhere else on my home dir, and none
> of them is being synchronised.

First, try the following steps in a terminal (you may need to sudo some of them)

u1sdtool -q # shut down the U1 sync daemon
u1sdtool -s # check status to make sure it's stopped
touch ~/"Ubuntu One"/placeholder
u1sdtool --start #starts the syncdaemon
u1sdtool -c # connects to the daemon
u1sdtool -s # status to see if it's now running...

keep checking status for a few minutes to see if it's transferring
files or what have you...

Also, if that IS your issue, the latest update to ubuntuone-client
should resolve it...

Hope that helps...
Jeff