How to hide a second IBus icon

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jun 17 16:42:11 UTC 2010

On 06/17/2010 03:37 AM, Thomas Blasejewicz wrote:

> NoOp さんは書きました:
>> Try:
>>
>> $ gconf-editor
>> desktop|ibus|panel|uncheck 'show_icon_on_systray
>>
>> BTW: you may have gconf-editor in Applications|System
>> Tools|Configuration Editor
>> already. The menu may be hidden, so right click on Applications & click
>> 'Edit Menus', go to 'System Tools' and if you see 'Configuration Editor'
>> unchecked, check it. That way you don't have to run from the terminal.
>>

> Thank you. That is another cool trick I did not know.
> However, it does not help.
> Removing/Adding the check mark for "show_icon_on_systray" shows/hides
> the icon in the top panel,
> but has no effect on the annoying white rectangle in the right lower
> corner (I can move it to other places, but it is still annoying).

Sorry it didn't work. OK, try this:

IBus|Preferences|General|Show language panel: When active / Never /
Always. My _guess_ is that you have it set to 'Always'. If that doesn't
work, then you might wish to file a bug report:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ibus
or ask a question:
https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ibus