Installing tar.bz2 help

Amedee Van Gasse (ub) amedee-ubuntu at amedee.be
Thu Jun 17 15:09:15 UTC 2010

On Wed, June 16, 2010 21:30, J wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 16, 2010 at 15:10, Edwin McGuire <mcguiresmain at emypeople.com>
> wrote:
>
>> I have an E-Mail ONLY Account i.e. emypeople.com.
>> So, i can load up my desktop and take it to a friends house everytime i
>> want
>> software from Ubuntu or install it from disks. yes, i'd love to have WEB
>> access, just not fesible right now.As far as synaptic or console, I'd
>> love
>> to learn how to do it the apt-get way,but still learning.
>> Hope that explains it better.
>> Thanks Ed
>
> That's just ... weird.  You have to connect to the internet to get
> e-mail...  Ok...

Look at the website. eMyPeople is an small ISP run by 4 people, based in
Lebanon, Pennsylvania, United States of Mercia. They provide e-mail only
dialup internet for $6/month, and content filtered internet for $18/month.
Their definition of content filtered is a mandatory proxy with a
whitelist.

I would call this a scam, but apparently this provider is run by a
religious organisation, so that makes it ok I guess.