Installing tar.bz2 help

J dreadpiratejeff at gmail.com
Thu Jun 17 13:35:14 UTC 2010

On Thu, Jun 17, 2010 at 09:20, Aart Koelewijn <aart at mtack.xs4all.nl> wrote:
> If this is the type of connection OP has, I might try to find more
> information in old literature and try to find out if such a protocol is
> still supported.

Not so weird 15 - 20 years ago.  I wasn't trying to be flippant, by
the way... This is just the first time since... about 1990 or so that
I've heard of anyone who has that type of dial-in account. Granted, I
don't know where the OP lives, so all I can speak to is the US, but
the last dial-up account I had was for full internet usage at US
$7/month.  So I was just kind of thrown by that response...

Nostalgically, I find that the concept, in this day of mass broadband
availability to be a fascinating anachronism. I really didn't know
that you can still get those kinds of usage accounts any more.  Heck,
even my cell phone gets full internet connectivity, even though the
apps mostly suck.

Anyway, it's certainly interesting to learn about these things (or at
least to learn that they are still out there).

Cheers
Jeff