Installing another version of Linux

ABSDoug absdoug at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 17 03:36:35 UTC 2010

--- On Wed, 6/16/10, Timothy Emmons <emmons2332 at yahoo.com> wrote:

Hi guys, I have found a more accessible version of Ubuntu, namely the Vinux distribution that has all the accessibility features automatically set up and turned on. However, I'm not sure how to install it in the place of the current ubuntu on the netbook. I've burned the image to the Dvd, I've put the Dvd files on a Usb drive that was first used to install Ubuntu, but can't figure it out. Any help here would be appreciated. Let me know the steps as precisely as you can since I'm doing this without sighted assistance tonight. I know there has to be a way but I'm missing something. Thanks and take care.

Startup Disk Creator is what you want to use. Then you navigate to the *.iso file & create the USB startup. I'm weak on the terminal, hopefully someone else can assist there if that is what you're needing.

-----Inline Attachment Follows-----