boost filesystem library files can not be linked

sktsee sktsee at tulsaconnect.com
Tue Jun 15 22:13:42 UTC 2010

On Tue, 15 Jun 2010 16:11:58 -0500, Peng Yu wrote:

[snip]

> I remember that I should have run the following command before.
>
> sudo apt-get install libboost*
>
> But only if I run the command, the problem is fixed.
>
> sudo apt-get install libboost-*-dev
>

> Is it because
>
> sudo apt-get install libboost*
>
> do not install the packages installed by the following command?
>
> sudo apt-get install libboost-*-dev

yes. Apt already uses regex internally, so using apt-get with wildcards
can yield some unpredictable results.

For instance, try the following command to see what happens when you use
a misplace wildcard.

$ sudo apt-get -s install mp3*

***CAUTION: DON'T FORGET THE "-s" ****
The "-s" tells apt-get to simulate what would be done rather than
actually doing it. Otherwise, you need to be quick with a CTRL-C

--
sktsee