Wireless problem

Aart Koelewijn aart at mtack.xs4all.nl
Tue Jun 15 14:10:46 UTC 2010

On Tue, 15 Jun 2010 15:45:03 +0200, madunix wrote:

> after I upgraded to 10.04,  wire less network is dead. I can connect
> just with wired is fine. Don't know what to adjust. Never had a problem
> with it until the upgrade
>

> Thanks

I had the same with my laptop. It turned out that the switch on the
laptop that turned wireless on and of, which did not work with 9.10 worked
in 10.04 and was switched off. When I switched it on all was ok.

If this is not the case with you, you will have to provide much more
information before anyone can help you debug this. For instance: what do
ifconfig and iwconfig tell you? Is there anything in one or more of your
logfiles (in /var/log) regarding your wireless network? That might be a
good start, for me most of the time enough to debug it myself. But you
could also look what lsusb or lspci tell you about your wireless adapter
and feed it to google in combination with Ubuntu.

If you can't find a solution that way, giving us the above information on
this list might enable someone to help you.

Aart