10.04 and bluetooth on netbook

J dreadpiratejeff at gmail.com
Mon Jun 14 18:46:48 UTC 2010

On Mon, Jun 14, 2010 at 14:38, Verde Denim <tdldev at gmail.com> wrote:
> I checked the specs on the netbook and it does say it has Bluetooth 2.1 +
> EDR built in. Not having tried bluetooth on a pc prior to this I was
> wondering if I need to install additional ubuntu packages to get this to
> work.
> Any input (as always) is greatly appreciated.

It would help to know what Bluetooth device is in that system.  And
what kind of system it is... who made it? What model?
Also, is your bluetooth device even turned on?  Is there a button on
the netbook that will enable/disable the bluetooth adapter?  Have you
looked in BIOS to see if it is enabled/disabled in BIOS?

if you open a terminal, what is the output of the following commands:

lspci (just a hope... the bluetooth adapter in my laptop doesn't
appear in lspci)
hcitool dev
hcitool scan
lsmod