Stupid Dual Boot Slightly OT question

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jun 14 15:49:19 UTC 2010

On 06/14/2010 06:51 AM, J wrote:
> Normally, if I get a windows bootloader, I can get her to safe mode
> and hope that will get us in to fix this... but since the computer
> (which is sitting about 3 hours away from me right now) is going
> through grub, I'm not sure exactly HOW to get into safemode after
> hitting the Windows entry.
>
> Any suggestions?

Tell her to select the Win7 (make sure she's selecting the correct one,
there generally are 3 entries - one for restore etc), and as soon as she
hits 'Enter' tell her to immediately press F8. If the Win7 boot is
instact she'll get a dos type screen with Advanced Boot Options:
- Repair you computer
- Safe mode
- Safe mode with Networking
- Safe mode with Command Prompt
etc.
Can't help you much beyond that as I only boot into Win7 for testing on
occasion.

If F8 doesn't get her to the Win7 ABO screen, then perhaps try the link
Fran's provided which provides a link to:
<http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/bootinfoscript/index.php?title=Boot_Problems:Boot_Sector>