New moderation technique, rewritten

Amedee Van Gasse amedee-ubuntu at amedee.be
Mon Jun 14 11:58:37 UTC 2010

On 14-06-10 10:16, Christopher Chan wrote:
> On Monday, June 14, 2010 03:28 PM, Basil Chupin wrote:
>> On 14/06/10 07:08, Res wrote:
>>

>> Firstly, do not top post in this mail list. OK? The moderators can come
>> down really hard on you about this.
>>
>> With this in mind I am transferring your comments to the appropriate
>> location at the bottom.....
>>
>> <PRESTO!>
>
> And don't forget to TRIM!
>
> and turn off HTML (just saying - not saying you have html on)
>
> and ---->  sounder
>
> Did I miss anything?

I want to formally protest against the false accusations made by "Res"
in https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-users/2010-June/221108.html
I also want to protest against the wrong spelling of my name.

If I were interested in whatever Karl F. Larsen writes, I would probably
have answered the same as "J" in
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-users/2010-June/221067.html,
except for the remark about the Ubuntu cabal. TINC - There Is No Cabal.

I agree that the problem was most likely a local SMTP delivery failure
of transient nature. I would probably have given Karl a link to a page
with SMTP troubleshooting tips, for example how you can manually test a
SMTP connection by using telnet on port 25.

I also would like to formally protest against the tone used by all
participants in this conversation. Yes of course Karl was wrong, but
only because his basic assumption was wrong. If he had just described
the problem, without any assumptions, this topic would have been totally
different. All those nasty comments you people made could drive a weaker
person into a paranoid persecutory delusion.

To Res: I would appreciate your formal apology, but I seriously doubt
that you will every do that. It doesn't matter because usually I don't
read your emails so I wouldn't see it anyway.

Kind regards,
Amedee Van Gasse
(please respect the correct spelling of my name)