Ubuntu amd64 freezes randomly

Basil Chupin blchupin at iinet.net.au
Mon Jun 14 07:48:28 UTC 2010

On 14/06/10 15:45, Knapp wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 14, 2010 at 4:33 AM, NoOp<glgxg at sbcglobal.net>  wrote:
>
>> On 06/13/2010 06:24 PM, Karl Larsen wrote:
>>

>>> Â  Â  Â  Â  Â I am running 10.04 and it has never failed even once. You have
>>> a computer problem.
>>>
>> Karl, that's actually not true given all of your other posts (see the
>> archives for all of your posts regarding 10.4&  other versions).
>> However, even if your 10.4 had never failed it does not mean that others
>> do not. Please try to refrain from posting simplistic comments to other
>> peoples queries; it does no go and simply irritates the list. If you
>> have a valid suggestion that the OP might try, then please post it.
>> Otherwise... please stop.
>>
> Might want to run an all night memory test also and see if you have a
> bad memory. Obviously Karl overstated his idea but I think in this
> case he might be right. Of course it could easy be a something Karl
> does not have in HIS computer like a different  video driver.

Possibly. But the whole reason for this list is to try and provide
sensible clues to why a person has a problem when s/he posts a problem
in this forum and this also included asking reasonable questions about
the problem.

BC

--
Those who hold and those who are without property have ever formed distinct interests in society.
                                            James Madison