Upgrade from karmic to lucid breaks sound

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jun 12 21:28:47 UTC 2010

On 06/12/2010 12:28 PM, Jim Byrnes wrote:
> NoOp wrote:
>

>> Upgraded via the network w/all updates&  all seemed to go normal.
>> Obviously I had to reinstall a lot of things that lucid seems to want to
>> remove in favour of the 'simple' apps (cups-pdf, xsane, etc). I then
>
> Is there a list of these somewhere and instructions on how to get them
> back?  I seem to have lost blackjack and now won't be able to make my
> fortune in Vegas.

They should be listed in /var/log/dist-upgrade/term.log.

$ gedit /var/log/dist-upgrade/term.log

and serach for 'Removing', or just scroll down towards the bottom of the
file. You'll see "Removing gnome-blackjack". Plus:
<http://www.mail-archive.com/lucid-changes@lists.ubuntu.com/msg00129.html>
http://live.gnome.org/Blackjack
"Blackjack has now been removed from gnome-games. "
No idea why.

But you can download the karmic version & install, it works.
http://packages.ubuntu.com/karmic-updates/gnome-blackjack