[Ubuntu Sound?] was Re: Please, Ubuntu, do not embarrass me again!

Basil Chupin blchupin at iinet.net.au
Sat Jun 12 12:04:54 UTC 2010

On 11/06/10 01:34, Cybe R. Wizard wrote:
> On Thu, 10 Jun 2010 19:20:53 +1000
> Basil Chupin<blchupin at iinet.net.au>  wrote:
>

>> Re the last para: I did not find that alsamixer was installed by
>> default in cli form. Trying to run "alsamixer" after ALT-F2 produced
>> a totally non-existent response from a new installation of 10.04.
>>
> that's because your key combo opens GUI programs.  Try issuing
> <alsamixer>  in the terminal.
>
> Cybe R. Wizard

I shall have to, of course, try all this again at the appropriate time,
but I normally only use the terminal and almost never use ALT-F2 to
manually run an app. and my comment covered both the terminal and F2.
But, as I said, I will redo all this again at the next attempt to
confirm that what I stated was correct.

BC

--
Missionaries are perfect nuisances and leave every place worse than they found it.
                                         Charles Dickens