Has Ubuntu 10.2 fixed Intel sound problem

Basil Chupin blchupin at iinet.net.au
Sat Jun 12 11:36:29 UTC 2010

On 12/06/10 03:28, Nathan Bahn wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 8, 2010 at 2:35 PM, Chris Hallsworth
> <christopherh40 at googlemail.com <mailto:christopherh40 at googlemail.com>>
> wrote:
>
>     What's Ubuntu 10.2, I thought it was 10.4? Also, does Ubuntu work
>     with a
>     Realtek HD Audio onboard sound card?
>

>     Signed by Chris Hallsworth
>
>     On 07/06/2010 13:02, Ben Edwards wrote:
>     > Has Ubuntu 10,.2 fixed the Intel chipset problem that was introduced
>     > in 9.10.  I am fairly shocked that this was not fixed in 9.10 as it
>     > meant that computers using Intel chipset for audio has no audio!.
>     > This meant that if you had a Dell laptop Ubuntu effectively no
>     longer
>     > supported on board audio.
>     >
>     > Anyway rant aside has it been fixed.  This problem is giving
>     people I
>     > know who are pro windows massive and partly legitimate ammunition
>     > against Ubuntu which really saddens me.
>     >
>     > Ben
>     >

>     --
>

> Colin Law, Liam Proven, & Basil Chupin--
>
>    1. Please allow me to tender both my sincere and humble apologies
>       for hijacking this thread; I can only say that my posting is
>       proof positive that one should not both compose and send email
>       when one is punch-drunk with exhaustion.  I regret my multiple
>       errors in judgment.  I also regret the delay in getting back to
>       you; I haven't been well as of late.

Is alright...Just be more careful in the future, alright already?

:-) :-) .

Hope that you are now feeling much better.

I know what's it like as I, too, have been experiencing "un-wellness"
lately.

It's all to do with drinking water you know....

>   1.
>

>    2. I deleted pulse audio and installed -- among things --
>       AlsaPlayer.  Since it seemed to do the trick, I didn't bother to
>       reinstall pulse audio.

One you have alsa going you can re-install pulseaudio in order to get
the sound icon back in the top panel. However, if you have no need for
the visual effect of the sound icon in order to to get that "warm, fuzzy
feeling" about having the icon there then no need to ire-install pulseaudio.

>    1. I'll have to get back to you about the Seagate question.

Thanks, I would appreciate it as I still have one Seagate sitting here
on which I cannot install an operating system but which I am sure I can
use as a secondary drive to store data on.

BC

--
Missionaries are perfect nuisances and leave every place worse than they found it.
                                         Charles Dickens