new user -- password at sign in

billmissell at lycos.com billmissell at lycos.com
Sat Jun 12 06:52:00 UTC 2010

Hi, Jeff -- (1) no -- I didn't "install" anything -- I selected the "try ubuntu" button.
(2) I tried using ubuntu for user and blank password.  It cycled back thru the colored screen and went back to the logon screen.  If I use ubuntu for both the user name and the password, I get an authentication failure which then switches back to the login screen. Does that info tell you anything?
R.W. Missell
billmissell at lycos.com