question about USB 3.0 support (hwinfo included)

Ray Leventhal ubuntu at swhi.net
Fri Jun 11 19:04:36 UTC 2010

I've got Ubuntu NBR 10.04 installed on some test hardware and while I
know that we're seeing the USB 3.0 hardware installed, my benchmark
tests for transfer speeds are far lower than those experienced on the
newest of the Redmond Operating Systems.

Seems as if our transfer rates over the USB 3.0 ports are about High
Speed USB, which is to say sloooow as compared to the touted rates for 3.0.

I've installed hwinfo and have pasted the output here for review of
someone with more hw experience than I.

http://pastebin.com/kESHfbh7

Any tips or pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
-Ray