What is the time-out for the sudo password?

Basil Chupin blchupin at iinet.net.au
Thu Jun 10 08:36:49 UTC 2010

On 10/06/10 16:41, Johnneylee Rollins wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 9, 2010 at 11:36 PM, Basil Chupin<blchupin at iinet.net.au>  wrote:
>
>> On 09/06/10 19:06, Johnneylee Rollins wrote:
>>
>>> <snip>

>>> When tempted to say RTFM, read the CoC again.
>>>

>> My, we are a stroppy little individual, ain't we :-) .
>>
> Let's not step into this, you broke CoC, you won't win any brownie
> points dragging it out.

Firstly, what the heck DO you mean by CoC? Don't use abbreviations
without first explaining what the abbreviation stands for.

I have assumed that you meant "CoC" to mean "Conditions of Conduct". Is
my assumption correct or not?

If I am right, then please spell out chapter and verse where I broke the
"CoC".

>> TomH understood what I meant - which was I was telling myself to RTFM
>> when "in doubt".
>>

>>> Ontopic: 5 minute timeout
>>>

>> No-ope. 15 minutes for Ubuntu.
>>
> It's 5 minutes, possibly because I've upgraded through every release.
> But it is probably more if you install lucid directly.

Ah, so.

One is not able to give a solution to someone because the playing field
keeps shifting all the time.... :-( .

Not a sarcastic statement but a social comment...

For Lucid the timeout is 15 minutes according to "man sudo".

>>> ~SpaceGhost
>>>

>> I watched a DVD last night called "Spaceballs". Any relation? :-)
>>
> I saw "The Great Mouse Detective", and I can tell clearly that Basil
> bears no resemblance to yourself :)

Are you talking to me or someone else?

Are you adhering to the "CoC"?

> ~SpaceGhost

BC

--
Attorney:   All your responses MUST be oral, OK? What school did you go to?
Witness:    Oral.