DVD PLAYER

Tim Hanson tjhanson at comcast.net
Thu Jun 10 08:19:57 UTC 2010

At one time I used ogle (using libdvdcss) to decode and play full length DVDs.
The advantage of ogle was that it played the video just like a commercial DVD
player, with full menus. It played in slow motion and fast forward, etc.  The
problem is that it had some bugs, the last update was in 2005, and it is no
longer carried on the repositories.

On my last iteration of a distribution featuring a KDE desktop I noticed that
the video player no longer includes all these features.  Is there a current
player that does?  I'm particularly interested in one that honors the DVD's
menu system.