Has Ubuntu 10.2 fixed Intel sound problem

J dreadpiratejeff at gmail.com
Mon Jun 7 13:23:49 UTC 2010

On Mon, Jun 7, 2010 at 08:02, Ben Edwards <list4me2 at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Has Ubuntu 10,.2 fixed the Intel chipset problem that was introduced
> in 9.10.  I am fairly shocked that this was not fixed in 9.10 as it
> meant that computers using Intel chipset for audio has no audio!.
> This meant that if you had a Dell laptop Ubuntu effectively no longer
> supported on board audio.

What is Ubuntu 10.2???  There is no such thing.

There IS, Ubuntu 10.04 LTS, however, is that what you mean?

Regarding sound, do you have a specific bug number?  I've honestly
never heard of such an issue, personally.  My netbook uses an Intel
audio chipset and sound has worked without problems for me, at least,
since 9.04 (the first Ubuntu I put on this netbook).

So are you implying that sound on ALL Intel Audio chipsets is broken,
or just on a particular chipset?