Arc™ Mouse

Danny Michel dan at danielmichel.net
Sun Jun 6 11:07:43 UTC 2010

no, it is not windows. i never boot into windows. i cannot set my mouse
speed within linux. i un-plug, re-plug, re-boot. no changes.

Message: 1
Date: Sat, 5 Jun 2010 23:27:34 -0400
From: Hal Burgiss<hal at burgiss.net>
Subject: Re: Arc? Mouse
To: "Ubuntu user technical support,	not for general discussions"
	<ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com>

On Sat, Jun 5, 2010 at 2:52 PM, Danny Michel<dan at danielmichel.net>  wrote:

> >  any news with your issue?
> >
> >  On 6/1/10 8:38 PM, Danny Michel wrote:
> >
> >  hoping we both get help
> >
> >  On 6/1/10 7:58 PM, ??zhuzx wrote:
> >
> >  i also have the same question. but my mouse is not Microsoft Arc Mouse. my
> >  pc is ideapad Y460, and my mouse is a gift from Lenovo. when i boot into
> >  ubuntu, the mouse can work well, but sometime, it just doesn't work. when i
> >  move the mouse, the cursor can move, but whatver i click, right-click or
> >  duble-click, it doesn't work. But at this time, i still can use my pc's
> >  multi-touch, and it works well. when i un-plug and re-plug the usb
> >  connector, the mouse works well again. i don't why this happen, and i want a
> >  solution, thanks!

The problem sounds like Windows, not Ubuntu.

Suggested solution: Uninstall Windows, or just reformat the partition
its on. That has a high likelihood of removing this annoyance once and
for all.

-- Hal ------------------------------ Message: 2 Date: Sun, 06 Jun 2010
16:18:10 +1000 From: Basil Chupin <blchupin at iinet.net.au> Subject: Re:
Thunderbirds fonts & smily's... To: ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com