Please, Ubuntu, do not embarrass me again!

Basil Chupin blchupin at iinet.net.au
Sun Jun 6 06:43:25 UTC 2010

On 06/06/10 03:43, jon at jcosby.com wrote:
> Quoting "Basil Chupin"<blchupin at iinet.net.au>:
>

>> I have a friend whose system (and his wife's) has been hit by
>> trojans/virii and I have had to go out to get him out of trouble. I have
>> been trying to get him to move to Linux for some time. And he is also
>> "into" a bit of multi-media.
>>

> <clip>
>

>> Please, Ubuntu, do something in respect of getting sound to work "out of
>> the box" for people who install Ubuntu.
>>

> An alternative would be to create a custom appliance in SUSE Studio.
> You can add/remove packages and customize it as you wish. If it has to
> be Ubuntu, you might look for Kiwi, but I don't know that Ubuntu
> maintains this package, and it has a high learning curve.
>
> http://susestudio.com/
>

> Jon

Thanks, Jon, for response. I created a bootable USB stick some time ago
using, I think, suse and will now, having experienced the Ubuntu Create
Startup Disc, go and see if that app. which created that bootable USB
will also work on Ubuntu. But perhaps there is already such a app. which
I haven't yet found. I've looked at KIWI but am not sure that it is my
cup of tea - I like simplicity, nor am I a masochist :-) .

BC

--
Attorney:   All your responses MUST be oral, OK? What school did you go to?
Witness:    Oral.