Browser speed issue

Johnneylee Rollins johnneylee.rollins at gmail.com
Sat Jun 5 17:42:28 UTC 2010

On Sat, Jun 5, 2010 at 10:35 AM, Karl Larsen <klarsen1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 06/05/2010 11:28 AM, Dick Dowdell wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm using a Sony VAIO W series netbook dual booting Lucid and Win 7
>> Pro.  I use Firefox and Chrome on both installations.  Browser
>> response is near instantaneous on Win 7 but mush slower on Ubuntu.
>> It's not a problem with connection speed.  It seems that on Ubuntu the
>> browsers spend most of their time doing DNS lookups, while on Win 7,
>> rrecent DNS responses are cached.  Does anyone know what's going on?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Dick Dowdell
>     I have no netbook or win7. I can say however that Firefox is fast
> enough on my computer which has Ubuntu 10.04 on it.
Karl, you have no related experience to the problem and your opinion
doesn't help the issue at all. His issue is related to caching, not a
relative opinion of fast. It might be something else, but the "It
works for me" attitude isn't helping.

Dick, try and make sure in chromium that "enable browser pre-fetching
"is enabled. It might be worded differently, it's in the under the
hood tab. I'll poke around for more ideas.

~SpaceGhost