Thunderbirds fonts & smily's...

Basil Chupin blchupin at iinet.net.au
Sat Jun 5 15:05:47 UTC 2010

On 06/06/10 00:44, Liam Proven wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 5, 2010 at 3:37 PM, Cybe R. Wizard
> <cyber_wizard at mindspring.com>  wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 05 Jun 2010 09:16:03 -0500
>> Larry<larryesu at charter.net>  wrote:
>>

>>> I know that I had this happen once before, but I have forgotten how
>>> to get the font&  smilys to show up with writing a message...I must
>>> have hit a wrong button, to have them dissapear...
>>>
>>> Anyone know how to have them show up again...???
>>>
>>> Thanks Larry
>>>
>> Plain black text is fine and preferred.    Forget the smileys.
>>
> [Amused] Entirely unhelpful, but I have to admit, I agree 100%.

Do you?

Smilies are the only thing available which try to convey and emotion of
the poster which normally is automatically detected from facial and or
voice cues by other people in face-to-face situations but which is
totally undetectable in written form, such as these forums.

I am waiting - or maybe I am not waiting - for someone to come up with a
smilie for the two-finger salute :-) .

BC

--
Attorney:   All your responses MUST be oral, OK? What school did you go to?
Witness:    Oral.