Thunderbirds fonts & smily's...

Basil Chupin blchupin at iinet.net.au
Sat Jun 5 14:55:30 UTC 2010

On 06/06/10 00:16, Larry wrote:
> I know that I had this happen once before, but I have forgotten how to
> get the font&  smilys to show up with writing a message...I must have
> hit a wrong button, to have them dissapear...
>
> Anyone know how to have them show up again...???
>
> Thanks Larry

Isn't the writer for posting messages in HTML 'format'? The smileys are
the last item in the line just above the text.

While the editor comes up in HTML, you control how the final message is
actually sent - HTML or plain text - by the setting in either the
Contact List or in Preferences>Composition>Send Preferences.

The only thing I find rather annoying in TB is that you need to do a
slight fiddle before the smiley you select actually appears on YOUR
screen - or it may not even show up at the other end :-( :-( (I bet you
are now seeing 2 frownies, right? An example of what I call annoying
behaviour.)

When you get to the point of where you want to put in a smiley, hit
space a couple of times then hit backspace and then click on the smiley
you want - which then should appear on your screen. If it doesn't then
repeat the exercise. I didn't do what I just suggested above which is
why you should see 2 frownies...

BC

--
Attorney:   All your responses MUST be oral, OK? What school did you go to?
Witness:    Oral.