rndc: connect failed....

hans schneidhofer hans.schneidhofer at hotmail.de
Sat Jun 5 03:29:20 UTC 2010

okay here´s my named.conf.options:
options {
        directory "/var/cache/bind";

        // If there is a firewall between you and nameservers you want
        // to talk to, you may need to fix the firewall to allow multiple
        // ports to talk.  See http://www.kb.cert.org/vuls/id/800113

        // If your ISP provided one or more IP addresses for stable
        // nameservers, you probably want to use them as forwarders.
        // Uncomment the following block, and insert the addresses replacing
        // the all-0's placeholder.

forwarders {
        192.168.0.1;
};

        auth-nxdomain no;    # conform to RFC1035
        listen-on-v6 { any; };
};

key "rndc-key" {
        algorithm hmac-md5;
        secret "6zjRjVh7zmf/518qj3FXgQ==";
};

I should fairly say, that I have Karmic 9.10 with bind 9.6 and trying
to get rid of that crazy thing :--) so i´m not too experienced
thanks