[Book/Manual] Getting Started with Ubuntu 10.04

chris chevhq at gmail.com
Fri Jun 4 23:44:52 UTC 2010

On Thu, 2010-06-03 at 19:51 -0500, Cybe R. Wizard wrote:
> On Fri, 04 Jun 2010 12:04:52 +1200
> chris <chevhq at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 2010-06-03 at 18:26 -0500, Cybe R. Wizard wrote:
> > > On Fri, 04 Jun 2010 08:04:02 +1200
> > > chris <chevhq at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > pppconfig (use sudo) is yet available to Ubuntu as to (I'd venture
> > > to bet) any/all Linux distros.  A large part of the world needn't
> > > worry yet.
<snip>
> >From here it sounds like a DNS problem.  I use OpenDNS, the free
> version:
> http://www.opendns.com/start/
>
> Hoping I am right and this helps, I am
>
> Cybe R. Wizard
I don't think it is a dns issue, as I can ping my isp.  I suspect it is
a Default route issue, but I have not been able to sort it. (or a
permissions issue)

As I keep copies of the wvdial meta package, it isn't that bgi a deal.
However it does put dial up into a catch 22 situation, because unless
you have internet access, you can't download these packages.

Nor can you download the manual.  :-)
Cheers the kiwi