Unbuntu with 2 Network cards.

J dreadpiratejeff at gmail.com
Fri Jun 4 20:55:13 UTC 2010

On Fri, Jun 4, 2010 at 16:37, Maxime Alarie <malarie at processia.com> wrote:

> I have a Ubuntu server 9.1  server with 2 nics.  I would like to  put one
> Nic outside my firewall (public) and the other inside my firewall. Both nics
> wont be on the same subnet. Communications will be “impossible” between the
> 2 interfaces.  root cant ssh on this server as well..

I hope you mean THROUGH your firewall, not OUTSIDE your firewall.  I
would NOT in any way, shape or form plug a server directly to the
internet without a firewall between them, and that goes doubly so if
you plan on having that machine ALSO connected to your internal
network...

However, if you mean connecting THROUGH your firewall, then by all
means, go for it.  That's how most places work... one connection goes
through the world, one connection is for internal access (at least
that's how every datacenter I've ever been in worked).