Unbuntu with 2 Network cards.

Maxime Alarie malarie at processia.com
Fri Jun 4 20:37:13 UTC 2010

Good day,

I have a Ubuntu server 9.1  server with 2 nics.  I would like to  put
one Nic outside my firewall (public) and the other inside my firewall.
Both nics wont be on the same subnet. Communications will be
"impossible" between the 2 interfaces.  root cant ssh on this server as
well..

Would you, as linux experts trust such a setup?  There will be no
sensitive information on this server. Just  small  demo applications on
a webserve for some clients to try.  I never created that kind of setup
so im not  sure how to proceed.

Thanks.