Upstart and events

Maurice McCarthy manselton at gmail.com
Fri Jun 4 11:26:08 UTC 2010

On 4 June 2010 10:17, Leander Jedamus <ljedamus at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I have some questions. I want to do the "sudo apt-get update" stuff
> automatically, when my network is coming up (either wlan0 or eth0). How can
> I do this? Where can I read more about it? Is that a good idea?

Leander

Yes it is a good idea as you will get security updates quickly. It
should be mostly taken care of already. The Update Manager lets you
check for updates at any time (it runs apt-get update for you) and
change the period of regular updates.

System - Administration - Update Manager - Settings - (password) - Updates

You should find that the default is to  check for updates daily but
you can change things here.

--
Best Wishes
Maurice