New

Calcpage calcpage at aol.com
Fri Jun 4 09:54:51 UTC 2010

On Jun 4, 2010, at 1:39 AM, Christopher Chan <christopher.chan at bradbury.edu.hk
 > wrote:

> On Friday, June 04, 2010 01:25 PM, Marvin Escobar wrote:
>> The image is blocked
>
> Cor, great admins out there. One blocks bz2 files and this one blocks
> jpg files. And I thought spam filters with false positives was bad...

I have the same problem here at my school!  I can sudo aptitude update
or use apt-get at all since the tech guy blocks *.bz2 files!

At first I thought it was a problem with bzip2, then I thought it was
the 64bit Ethernet drivers, then I thought it was bad repositories.
Then I noticed all the failed gets were for *.bz2 files!  So, I tried
to download those files manually and got the blocking page....

I feel your pain,
A. Jorge Garcia
Applied Math & CS
http://shadowfaxrant.blogspot.com