[drm:drm_mode_getfb]

Kaushal Shriyan kaushalshriyan at gmail.com
Fri Jun 4 05:49:18 UTC 2010

On Fri, Jun 4, 2010 at 2:40 AM, NoOp <glgxg at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> On 06/02/2010 10:00 PM, Kaushal Shriyan wrote:
> > Hi NoOp
> >

> > Sorry to mention, My Display Controller is 00:02.0 VGA compatible
> > controller: Intel Corporation Mobile GM965/GL960 Integrated Graphics
> > Controller (rev 0c)
> >

> I see that you've added onto
> <
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xserver-xorg-video-intel/+bug/523027
> >

> It probably would be helpful if you add the bits above the 'invalid
> framebuffer id' to more easily identify if it is the intel xorg that is
> causing it. Example:
> http://launchpadlibrarian.net/39899971/CurrentDmesg.txt
> that one shows the nouveau driver (there was a release fixed for that
> one in the same issue 529842). But the upstream claimed that it was just
> a harmless warning. But I gather from you other posts at xorg:
> http://www.spinics.net/lists/xorg/msg49862.html
> that X is freezing. Please confirm & if so you need to add that
> information to the bug report.

Hi NoOp

As per https://wiki.ubuntu.com/X/Troubleshooting/Freeze

Symptom -: X stops responding to input (sometimes mouse cursor can still
move, but clicking has no effect)
But the above symptom happens intermittently.

Also as advised by you, I did check zcat dmesg.*.gz | grep ERROR, i could
not see the bits, so hopefully when it freezes again, i should capture it.

Please suggest/guide further

Thanks,

Kaushal
Kaushal