Kubuntu splash during kernel boot of Ubuntu!?

Alex Janssen alex at ourwoods.org
Fri Jun 4 03:52:03 UTC 2010

After some recent updates,  I started getting the blue Kubuntu splash
screen during the kernel boot before X starts.  This has happened to
both my laptop and my desktop.  I've never installed the KDE desktop on
either.  Anyone have any ideas how this started or how I can get it back
to the Ubuntu 10.04 splash?

--
Ourwoods.org
  Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. - Albert Einstein (275)