[Book/Manual] Getting Started with Ubuntu 10.04

Cybe R. Wizard cyber_wizard at mindspring.com
Thu Jun 3 23:26:13 UTC 2010

On Fri, 04 Jun 2010 08:04:02 +1200
chris <chevhq at gmail.com> wrote:

[http://ubuntu-manual.org/]

> However, it has no section on how to incorporate dial-up into Ubuntu.
> Which is a shame, as a large part of the world still uses dial up.
> cheers the kiwi

pppconfig (use sudo) is yet available to Ubuntu as to (I'd venture to
bet) any/all Linux distros.  A large part of the world needn't worry
yet.

In answer to the question I am sure is coming; no, it shouldn't be
included in an Ubuntu manual as it is a standard Linux tool and not
specific to Ubuntu.

Cybe R. Wizard
--
Press 'START' to stop