Questions on Security

Nathan Bahn nathan.bahn at gmail.com
Thu Jun 3 23:01:31 UTC 2010

On Thu, Jun 3, 2010 at 6:20 PM, NoOp <glgxg at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> On 06/03/2010 03:03 PM, Nathan Bahn wrote:
> > Attention all--
> >
> > I have read (at least, insofar as Windows operating systems are
> concerned)
> > that Java Script should be disabled on web browsers whenever possible
> > because of drive-by infections from infected websites.  Does this also
> apply
> > to Linux?
>
> Yes:
> <
> http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&complete=0&q=site%3Ahttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.ubuntu.com%2Fusn+%2Bjavascript&btnG=Search
> >

> > This leads me to my second question.....
> >
> > I ran a program called Virus Scanner, and it reported 3 infected files --
> > all in the Firefox program.  Neither the "quarantine" nor the "delete"
> > functions work when I right-click on the presented files.  I am at a bit
> of
> > a loss as to what I should do.
>
> Don't know, what are the 3 infected files it reported?
>

> > --N.B.

NoOp--

FILE:  /home/nathan/.mozilla/firefox/859gm8tu.default/Cache/EAC8B466d01
STATUS:  PUA.Script.Packed-2
FILE:  /home/nathan/.mozilla/firefox/859gm8tu.default/Cache/ADFD8313d01
STATUS:  PUA.Script.Packed
FILE:  /home/nathan/.mozilla/firefox/859gm8tu.default/Cache/221737E1d01
STATUS:  PUA.HTML.Infected.WebPage-2

--N.B.
See http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html &
http://www.openoffice.org (Nathan Bahn)