Questions on Security

Nathan Bahn nathan.bahn at gmail.com
Thu Jun 3 22:03:34 UTC 2010

Attention all--

I have read (at least, insofar as Windows operating systems are concerned)
that Java Script should be disabled on web browsers whenever possible
because of drive-by infections from infected websites.  Does this also apply
to Linux?  This leads me to my second question.....

I ran a program called Virus Scanner, and it reported 3 infected files --
all in the Firefox program.  Neither the "quarantine" nor the "delete"
functions work when I right-click on the presented files.  I am at a bit of
a loss as to what I should do.

--N.B.
See http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html &
http://www.openoffice.org (Nathan Bahn)