How to install opera?

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jun 2 20:36:53 UTC 2010

On 06/02/2010 01:20 PM, Peng Yu wrote:
> I have the latest ubuntu LTS. But I don't find opera. How to install opera?
>
> http://www.opera.com/
>
> $ sudo apt-get install opera
> Reading package lists... Done
> Building dependency tree
> Reading state information... Done
> Package opera is not available, but is referred to by another package.
> This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
> is only available from another source
> E: Package opera has no installation candidate

Download the .deb
http://www.opera.com/browser/download/
& then double-click to install opera_10.10.4742.gcc4.qt3_i386.deb Note:
the .deb will be different if you are using 64bit.

You can also add the opera repository & then your 'sudo apt-get install
opera' will work:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/OperaBrowser