Removing XP

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Wed Jun 2 15:52:17 UTC 2010

On Wed, 2 Jun 2010, Bob Hickey wrote:

> I have XP and 10.04 on my HD. How can I remove just the XP, without
> erasing all and reinstalling 10.04. Thanx. Bob H.

  you have a couple options.  you can always just reformat the XP
partition and set it up as a mount point from ubuntu so you suddenly
have a whole new partition to play with.

  or if you're running LVM, you can extend one or more of your current
logical volumes to take that space, or use it to create a new logical
volume.

rday