Hi! I'm new to UBUNTU!

Maurice McCarthy manselton at gmail.com
Tue Jun 1 19:35:11 UTC 2010

Sorry Jorge, I've not been paying attention.

You are getting these bzip2 error 2's on

aptitude update

So bzip2 is not corrupted. The update command downloads zipped package
lists and compares a newly generated list of latest versions with
/var/cache/apt/pkgcache.bin Apt then knows what is to be upgraded and
what stays the same. You need someone more experienced than I to sort
this out.

Formerly there was a command to do a low level check on a cd

readcd -c2scan dev=/dev/cdrom

This command was part of cdrecord which has now developed into wodim
but now it does not seem to be available. Presumably it is taken care
of elsewhere but I cannot find anything. ...

... Some time later. Wodim is installed with Brasero the cd burner so ...

Applications - Sound & Video - brasero - tools - check integrity

Sorry but I am unable to help further. If the cd is good then I do not
think the problems lies with Ubuntu.

Best Wishes
Maurice