Firefox in Ubuntu

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jun 1 19:20:34 UTC 2010

On 05/31/2010 01:21 PM, Mark C. Miller wrote:
> I had a power outage the other day, and ever since, Firefox has been
> behaving oddly.  It's almost like it's running in full page mode, but not.
>
> When Firefox starts, it covers the top panel; close firefox and the panel
> is there.
>
> The minimize - maximize buttons are gone.
>
> Firefox was not open at the time of the power failure.

If it is only firefox that you have the issue with, create a new test
profile to see if any of your default profile settings became corrupted:

$ firefox -P

Create a profile called 'test' and then open firefox with that profile.
If that profile works, then you know that the problem is in your default
profile.