Problem with ifupdown script

Marius Gedminas marius at pov.lt
Tue Jun 1 15:21:33 UTC 2010

On Tue, Jun 01, 2010 at 03:55:18PM +0200, Josef Wolf wrote:
> On Mon, May 31, 2010 at 03:11:01PM +0300, Marius Gedminas wrote:
> > On Sun, May 30, 2010 at 09:55:28PM +0200, Josef Wolf wrote:
> > > I want to configure my laptop to automatically use eth0 or wlan0 depending
> > > on whether the network cable is plugged or not.
> >
> > This sounds like something Network Manager does quite well.
>
> NetworkManager won't start wlan until somebody logs in into the desktop.

Actually, it will, for system connections.  You create those by placing
files in /etc/NetworkManager/system-connections _or_ from the GUI, by
checking the 'Available to all users' checkbox in nm-connection-editor.

> I need network connection on system start even if nobody logs in.

So do I.

Marius Gedminas
--
If "con" is the opposite of "pro", then what is the opposite of progress?