New

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jun 1 01:26:48 UTC 2010

On 05/31/2010 04:57 PM, Marvin Escobar wrote:

> Hello im new to ubuntu and i tried to install ubuntu to my laptop but
> it would not let me. Once it reads the disc it says loading and then
> a bunch of lines come down and it stops there and does not do
> anything. I tried also installing mandriva but on the loading screen
> when i select boot the screen stays loading and never stops, the only
> option it has is pres esc for verbose mode. So its like none of the
> linux distrubutions are working. Is there anyway you can please help
> me. Im new and i am using windows 7 right now, so please try to be as
> detailed as possible thanks

Please review:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community
 https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Installation
  https://help.ubuntu.com/community/GraphicalInstall
   https://help.ubuntu.com/community/BurningIsoHowto
    https://help.ubuntu.com/community/CdDvd/Burning

If you're still having issues, please post back. Note: there is a lot of
information in those links that I've provided, so don't hesitate to ask
if they are too confusing.