list rules [was: Reconfigure after changing Video Card]

Cybe R. Wizard cyber_wizard at mindspring.com
Sat Jul 31 13:01:04 UTC 2010

On Sat, 31 Jul 2010 10:02:04 +0200
Nils Kassube <kassube at gmx.net> wrote:

> Basil Chupin wrote:
> > To begin.... *PLEASE*, I repeat, *please*, do not top post in this
> > mail list.
> >
> > When you joined this list you had to read the rules which govern
> > this list.  Reread them if you have to.
>
> Being curious, I just subscribed to this list to see what rules you
> might mean. The welcome mail has a link to the CoC [1] but there are
> no additional rules mentioned which govern this list. In the CoC
> there is nothing mentioned about posting style. Could you please
> provide a link to the list rules if you insist that a new member
> should know / reread them?
>

> Nils
>
> [1] <http://www.ubuntu.com/community/conduct>

I've said it before, I'll say it again; the sign-up page needs to point
not only to the CoC, but to the mailing list etiquette [1] page as well.
It would be well if everyone had to sign /BOTH/ of those before joining.

Until that happens it is really pointless to bitch about non-compliance
(although I sometimes do anyway).

	the etiquette part is halfway down the page

Cybe R. Wizard
	Winduhs