vnc

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Sat Jul 31 05:52:20 UTC 2010

On Fri, 2010-07-30 at 16:11 -0500, Preston Hagar wrote:

> Anyway, maybe one of these two ideas will better solve your problem,
> if you really think you need VNC, you might need to explain
> again/more.

This project has a builtin vnc java client module that I can add to this
3D world. Then I have a VNC client window in front of my avatar. Kinda
nifty to be able to crank up a Linux desktop from within something like
Second Life. Others in that "world" can see the client as well, if they
stand in front of it. They can control it, as well, if you let them.
Pretty slick! Of course, when I tried to play a video file, it was slow
and jerky ...but it worked. Good ol java likes to eat up the CPU and
adding a remote desktop playing a video file within it, made the CPU go
off the chart. Now I have another excuse to get a bigger machine and
more memory.

I launched the java world from my KDE desktop. Then ran a Gnome session
within that world. How slick is that?? I'm so easily amused with
myself. :) Ric