Reconfigure after changing Video Card

Ronald Artos ronartos at gmail.com
Sat Jul 31 01:55:02 UTC 2010

I used to have an Nvidia Video Card.. but now it is broken and return to my
old built-in  "[SiS] 661/741/760 PCI/AGP or 662/761Gx", I don't wish to
reinstall everything again. But when I boot up, I always end up in a video
reconfiguration screen in ubuntu, so i deleted  the /etc/X11/xorg.conf.

It works but everytime I enter System -> Preferences -> Monitors.. it always
prompts me the nvidia-config, and when I do glxinfo or glxgears, I get
errors like I haven't configured my video correctly.

How can I properly reconfigure everything after a change in video card??