XP inside 10.04

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jul 31 01:26:07 UTC 2010

On 07/30/2010 05:33 AM, Bob Hickey wrote:
> I need XP for my Kodak printer and Canon camera, but XP doesn't play well
> with others. I read there's a way to install XP inside my 10.04 and possibly
> gain some reliability. Anybody know how? Thanx a lot; Bob H.

You need to specify the exact model of Kodak printer and Canon camera.
There is not much support for the Kodak all in one (5100's etc) that I
am aware of. But other Kodaks do have drivers available:

http://www.openprinting.org/printers/manufacturer/Kodak

This may work for ESP 5xxx:
http://cupsdriverkodak.sourceforge.net/
http://sourceforge.net/projects/cupsdriverkodak/

Canon cameras are well supported. Provide the model and I reckon that
you'll find it's supported in Ubuntu/linux. GTkam provides considerable
support for Canon's.

In addition to the suggestions for installing a VM (VirtualBox etc), you
could try the drivers in Wine if it comes to that.