dpkg error for install of linux kernel v2.6.32-24

Pastor JW pastor_jw at the-inner-circle.org
Fri Jul 30 17:53:16 UTC 2010

On Thursday, July 29, 2010 11:27:59 am NoOp wrote:
> On 07/29/2010 12:54 AM, Alain Muls wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > I get the following error when dpkg is run
> >
> > Errors were encountered while processing:
> >  linux-image-2.6.32-24-generic
> >  linux-image-generic
> >  linux-generic
> >  linux-headers-2.6.32-24-generic
> >  linux-headers-generic
> >
> > E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
> >
> > Any suggestions?
>
> <http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&complete=0&q=ubuntu+%2B"E%3A+Sub-proces
> s+%2Fusr%2Fbin%2Fdpkg+returned+an+error+code+(1)"&btnG=Search>

Yes, I kinda wanted to know the answer to your question also Alain.  I removed
the kernal and fell back to the previous one.  Not a real solution but better
than wasting all that time with google.  Perhaps someone will come up with a
REAL answer but in the meantime the fallback allows one to use his computer
til he does get an actual answer.

--
73 de N7PSV aka Pastor JW <n><   PDGA# 35276
http://the-inner-circle.org  _Registered Kubuntu User: #27403