php 5.3

Preston Hagar prestonh at gmail.com
Fri Jul 30 17:05:59 UTC 2010

On Fri, Jul 30, 2010 at 5:55 AM, Kaushal Shriyan
<kaushalshriyan at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> Does hardy has php5.3 on its repositories or do i need to enable it in
> the form of updates or backports
>
> Please suggest/guide
>
> Thanks
>
> Kaushal

We ran into this same problem.  We had Hardy servers and needed php5.3
for some important bug fixes (among other things).    There is no
Ubuntu Hardy repo for 5.3 (that I know of at least).

You can either try to get away with adding the Debian Lenny repos and
using them to install (this might mess up other things, possibly
badly):

http://www.dotdeb.org/2009/11/30/php-5-3-1-packages-for-debian-lenny-theyre-here/comment-page-1/

Or install from source:

http://forum.slicehost.com/comments.php?DiscussionID=4785

Or upgrade to Lucid, which has 5.3 in its repos.

Preston